- 12/08/2016 – 2017 Iowa Drug Control Strategy Released
- 12/02/2016 – Attendees at an Iowa Opioid Epidemic Conference in Clinton December 1 discuss preventing and treating opioid addiction, and reducing its impact on children.
- 11/29/2016 – Branstad, Reynolds, Lukan Announce Naloxone Access to Combat Opioid Epidemic
- 11/22/2016 – ODCP Honors Bob McCartney for 40 Years of Service
- 11/18/2016 – A Drug Endangered Children workgroup created by the Iowa Legislature meeting on November 17, 2016 works on making recommendations to strengthen the State's child protection laws involving addictive substances.